Tuesday, January 13, 2015

2015 A Goal to Sew


 

 Though I keep trying to sew clothing, I still have not mastered fitting. You would think after 40 years of sewing I would get it, but I haven't. So, I am venturing on into machine embroidery. A couple of years ago, I purchased a Janome 9500 from Craigslist. It's one of the best purchases I ever made!! I LOVE machine embroidery. For Christmas, I made the grandsons Thing 1 and Thing 2 t-shirts. Who would have thought such a great look could be had on a Walmart t-shirt?
 I, again, made the wine bags, but this year added machine embroidery. I thought I was writing "Enjoy" in French, but I wasn't--I was conveying the idea of appreciating and savoring a wine but not just enjoying the wine. The cute little chef is from Designs by JuJu.
According to Jess, S'amuses is enjoy in French. So, I re-did the bag correctly. *Sigh*

This is an upcycle project using legs of old jeans and scrap material for the lining. These were not quilted and I did not stuff them with batting. I did, however, add interfacing to the handles to make them more sturdy.

So there is 2014, and here's to 2015. I'm busy (aren't we all) with work and grad school, but I hope to continue my sewing throughout the year. I'll try to post more diligently, hoping to inspire other sewers to keep trying new things and to not be discouraged by failure. Also, I encourage everyone to look for the TNT (tried and true) designs and patterns that work for you. Keep in mind I made the same quilt 3 times and each one looked different.



I'm going to keep trying to sew clothes, however, I will limit myself to tops only. I can make a top fit--pants just make me say bad words. 

Until our next visit,

Marvel

No comments:

Post a Comment