Thursday, June 3, 2010

Back at the sewing center


Well, I graduated and officially have a master's degree. I am proud of myself, but not full of myself. It is hard to get too conceited when it has taken me most of my adult life to achieve this accomplishment. I have chosen to work, raise daughters, have a successful partnership/ marriage for nearly 30 years, and attempt to enjoy my life despite my circumstances. I think I have done that fairly well, my daughters have both launched successfully, and my husband and I are still married after all these years. Those are not small accomplishments.
So, now that graduation is over, I am back at the sewing machine. I have two goals: replace the old, worn out clothes that exist in my closet and use up at least half of my sewing stash---and back to the sewing cabinet I go. I think that anyone who sews should have a decent workplace to create without having to stress out about the "mess" that they are making. Thus, I took a computer cabinet and converted it into a sewing cabinet. The entire space closes up, so I can hide my work. There is even a chair that folds away. Now I must admit that the chair is more of an annoyance than a blessing (the back folds down on me when I move the chair around). BUT, I never have to use a crummy chair to sew--I have my own personal, crummy, sewing chair, which makes me feel really special.
As you can see, my sewing space is really small. What you cannot see is that I share the area with a drum set and a piece of exercise equipment. However, humble, this is my area and no one messes with it but me.

No comments:

Post a Comment